PDF Registration Form

Conference registration includes admission to all technical sessions; admittance to the exhibit hall; daily breakfasts; refreshment breaks; lunches on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday; Thursday evening’s reception at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum; a program book of abstracts; and a USB flash drive digital copy of the conference proceedings, and a participant bag.

Each paper requires at least one registration at the regular rate. Therefore, students who author or co-author a paper and are the only author attending the conference will pay a fee comparable to that paid by an IEEE or ASEE member, not the $350 student rate. Look for the fee labeled “Student Sole Author Registration.”

Member fees are offered to all members of IEEE and ASEE. A valid membership number has to be provided.

To receive the reduced student fee of $350, students must submit a copy of a valid student ID card or letter from the university confirming full-time student status. To register, students should
1. download the registration form and register by mail or fax, including the ID or letter,
2. register online and immediately fax a copy of the ID or letter to 785-864-4871 or email a copy to

Registration Fees Amount
Advance Member Registration through September 23, 2013 $500.00
Late Member Registration after September 23, 2013 $625.00
Advance Nonmember Registration through September 23, 2013 $645.00
Late Nonmember Registration after September 23, 2013 $785.00
Advance Student Sole Author Registration through September 23, 2013 $500.00
Late Student Sole Author Registration after September 23, 2013 $625.00
Life Member Registration $350.00
Retired Registration $350.00
Full Time Student Registration $350.00
Optional Fees Amount
Workshop Fee $50.00
Friday Awards Banquet Advance through September 23, 2013 $60.00
Friday Awards Banquet Late after September 23, 2013 and Guests $70.00

Visa Information

International participants arriving from outside the United States who hold a passport from one of the thirty six countries in the Visa Waiver Program have a machine-readable passport may be able to travel without a visa. Participants from other countries will need a B-1 (business) visa or B-2 (tourist) visa.

Obtaining a U.S. visa may require a visit to a U.S. consulate or embassy, payment of a fee, and significant wait time. Please contact your local U.S. consulate or embassy for up-to-date information. 

Visa letters will only be issued to:

  1. Speakers/Presenters
  2. Committee Members
  3. Attendees who have paid their registration fee in full and are not from one of the countries embargoed by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control (Cuba, Iran, Libya, and Sudan).

Letter of invitation:
A letter of invitation is provided only after you have completed registration for the conference and paid the conference registration fee. Such a letter may be needed to obtain a visa or permission to attend the meeting. Persons requiring an official letter of invitation in order to attend the conference are advised to choose the option when they register on line. The letter will be provided by email. If you forget to choose the visa letter option when you register, or did not receive it after requesting one, please email Kevin Curry.

To apply for a letter, follow the link on the last page of the on-line registration form.

The Visa Waiver Program

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of 36 participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business (visitor [B] visa purposes only) for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. The program was established to eliminate unnecessary barriers to travel, stimulating the tourism industry, and permitting the Department of State to focus consular resources in other areas. VWP eligible travelers may apply for a visa, if they prefer to do so. Nationals of VWP countries must meet eligibility requirements to travel without a visa on VWP, and therefore, some travelers from VWP countries are not eligible to use the program. VWP travelers are required to have a valid authorization through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) prior to travel, are screened at the port of entry into the United States, and are enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security’s US-VISIT program.

Countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program

Andorra Finland Japan New Zealand Spain
Austrialia France Latvia Norway Sweden
Austria Germany Liechtenstein Portugal Switzerland
Belgium Greece Lithuania San Marino United Kingdom
Brunei Hungary Luxembourg Singapore  
Czech Republic Iceland Malta Slovakia  
Denmark Ireland Monaco Slovenia  
Estonia Italy Netherlands South Korea  

Eligibility for admission under the Visa Waiver Program
Review this VWP Quick Reference Guide (for new member countries) and make sure you review this webpage for detailed information. Nationals of the 36 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program may use VWP if:

  • They have received an authorization to travel under the VWP through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
  • They present the appropriate type of passport valid for six months past their expected stay in the United States This is a requirement in addition to other passport requirements for all categories of passports -- regular, diplomatic, and official - when the traveler is seeking to enter the United States for business or tourist purposes, for a maximum of 90 days;
  • The purpose of their stay in the United States is 90 days or less for tourism or business (Visitor (B) visa) purpose of travel. (If in doubt, travelers should check with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to verify that what they plan to do is considered tourism or business.) Transit through the United States is generally permitted.
  • If arriving by air or sea, they are traveling on an approved carrier and have a return trip ticket to any foreign destination;
  • They can demonstrate the intent to stay 90 days or less in the United States and demonstrate sufficient funds to support themselves while in the United States. Learn more on the CBP website.

VWP travelers who have been admitted under the Visa Waiver Program and who make a short trip to Canada, Mexico or an adjacent island generally can be readmitted to the United States under the VWP for the balance of their original admission period. See the Department of Homeland Security’s Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website for additional details. Also VWP nationals resident in Mexico, Canada or adjacent islands are generally exempted from requirements to show onward travel to other foreign destinations. Learn more at the CBP website.